Wednesday, August 18, 2004

Heck's ever widenin' hole

Just finished puttin away the last of that mess that called itself pasta... DeliFRANCE has a france in it for a reason, they do not do italian.... I had no idea what i was eating back there... cheese and some weird vegetable with cold pasta. I will never eat that again i swear~~~

Have you looked around you on the MRT and take a good look at the people inside? I did. And i realised i'm sittin in a freak show... Like how often do you see someone who grows his goatee on his neck? What's up with that? Went over board with that last face lift or your genes forgot where the hair was supposed to grow from? Or are you juz too moronic to know where a goatee is supposed to be?

Then we have the "Dressers"... These are the people who think they're leading the fashion culture when they in reality are the "Most Wanted" by the fashion police. I've seen middlegaed women wear colors that would make a blind person mince and cover his eyes... And guys wearing trench coats and cowboy hats tryin to look like the Undertaker or cool to a certain effect.... I've seen scarecrows look better and cooler lookin bovines.

There are the "Hey-I'm-trying-to-be-young" old people too. I'm not against them trying to look youthful... but please have some common sense... if you're 50 odd... please dont try to dress like you were 18? I went blind temporarily when this old lady walked by in this jean hot pants and bustier top and jean jacket.... Cellulite was everywhere... I could see men flee from her as she lumbered thru the train... What did i do to derserve that?

The last are the plain weirdos... dress like mental patients and look like keith richard's clones... Do not make eye contact with these people. You have been warned..... So next time when you take the subway, do look around. You will be surprised.

Well.... I've been selected to go to 'Nam. Got the good news today... Have a meeting next month about the work we'll be doing there. Somehow i don't feel that thrilled even though I want to be in this trip.

My friend asked me what kinda dad i'll be.... which is a very interesting thing.... will i be a disciplinarian or a godsend to my kids? My friend asked me this when i was playin/torturing her son... "Will you play with your kid like this?" I was.. YUP. But yet i have that disciplinarian streak in me... I think i would not hesitate to use the rod if my kid acts up. And yet i wouldnt hestitate to fool around with them like monkeys. I know most would say they wont hit their kids, and are now probably givin me the evil eye right about now... But think about it. Look at all the kids nowadays... I see 6year olds teasin their parents/grandparents and giving sarcastic answers to them. What the hell has gone wrong here? Kids are misbehaving openly and we all seem to not care or have no clue what to do about it. To me is if words dont work then i guess you gotta use some corporal punishment. I'm not sayin you should beat then about the house and break them like some ogre.... no... i mean dispense with it sparingly and at the right amounts. Only if my kid pushes the envelope will i spank him/her... if not i will probably be foolin around with them as much as time allows me too. I love kids... being an uncle/grand uncle to 9 kids (at last count) helps... But now i dont see them that often anymore except during CNY or some important family gathering. I dont even recognise some of them anymore.... which makes me want to treasure the times i have with my kids during their childhood.

I would be the dad that would take them out for outings every weekend and the big monkey that entertains when i get home from work. To give them whatever i can and enforce strict rules at the same time. A dad to the bone as someone put it....

AVP is out! I need to catch that movie. Too bad we all know the ending... Its just too predictable. But hell... the new shit looks cool. I wanna see the Aliens and Preds finally duke it out. Anyone with me?!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home