Saturday, July 31, 2004

November rain after a July drought

My room echoes with "November Rain".

And with it i'm surrounded by rain on all fronts... Inside and outside its raining. Maybe the rain's here to finally wash away all the dirt and grime that has overwhelmed me in July... A fitting end to a July without relief. I juz wanna run outside and let the rain wash away all my memories, my bloodstained soul and wet my dry eyes. To laugh like a madman at the rain.... its something i think we innately all wanna do, to juz laugh at the world and the irony that whatever you do in this life you wont ever make a dent in the world and your life at times is completely meaningless. Makes me think of Soul asylum's "Runaway Train"... To juz be able to run away from it all and yourself. Its kinda hard to know that there are somethings you juz cant control in a life thats yours...

If you ask me whether i feel about that woman.... I would honestly say yes. She was the one who knew me the deepest and the only person in the world besides myself who is in touch with my feelings. Its hard to not feel for a person like that.... And it irks me, saddens me, gnaws at my insides and makes me feel all too human.

Crying is a therapy that we were givin to self medicate a wounded soul. No matter what anyone says, I dont think crying is a form of weakness... It takes more courage to cry than not to. Its like you givin yourself a DIY operation to save yourself... It takes real guts to self heal yourself... Thats why we have doctors. But when it comes to the emotional stuff who do you to help you heal? Noone... Only yourself.... Thats why we have the ability to cry. Tears are the bad stuff that gets ejected from your body... thats why you feel better after a cry. Coz all the bad crap gets pumped out of you.... So when you need to... Juz cry.... Its a gift i tell you... Take it from someone who has lost that ability. When you have no more tears only then will you value this oh so important gift that you always took for granted and avoided.

Its still raining.... "Rain, rain and purify what was once grimed and stained"

Today there's canoeing... The sea calls to me in time of sadness... And I'm reminded of a quote from Melville, "Come hither, broken hearted; here is another life without the guilt pf intermediate death; here are wonders supernatural, without dying for them. Come hither! bury yourself in a life which, to your now equally abhorred and abhorring, landed world, is more oblivious than death." Quite a mouthful... but its romanticism isnt lost on me... I guess this is what drives sailors and pilots alike... A place without the noise of land and juz findin that place where theres only you and emptiness. This is what stokes my love for the sea and the sky.... Pnly there can you be truely be with yourself... to talk, curse or laugh at whatever gods that play with your fate or to juz silently watch the world go by as slow as death....

But then....

"It can't rain all the time... "


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home