Sunday, September 04, 2005

Come Undone

Despite what the title seems to be... this isn't a depressing post.

The day was so so... Did some PR for my forum as part of the local charter. Was good to catch up with old friends.Kinda surprising since everyone there is like at least seven years older. Time really flies... everyone now has a wife and kid. My friend's daughter is so much bigger than when i last saw her. Can't believe it was her... Which means i've completely taken to living it day by day. Time in my perspective is only limited by the hours in a day. I have reached the state of absolute-couldn't-care-less-if-the-world-ends-tomorrow enlightenment. I am zen master He-who-sits-on-cacti, student of He-who-shat-on-cacti and priest of Do-i-look-like-Mother-Theresa-to-you cult of cow udder worshippers.

Had a few hours of free time after that, basically three hours before i was due to haul myself in for work so i plonked myself in town for a heavily sweetened and caffienated beverage and sat outside like a diseased buzzard looking for fresh roadkill as i indulged in my fav past time... people watching.

Hell lot better than bird watching, animals have less idiosyncrasies than humans. For example, its the first time i witnessed a backpacker march along Orchard Road with a backpack big enough to fit a pony and wearing a navy blue four buttoned blazer like what sea captains wore during the days of the Titanic. Plus a pair of beige pants and sports shoes. There are several things wrong with this picture.. Number one, the weather is like freaking 30 degrees. And you're feeling cold?? Number two, who the hell wears a blazer during a backpacking tour? Its either you seriously believe this country is so anal that if you wore a t-shirt here once you left the plane you would get arrested and interrogated for not being neat.

Then there are the various people who dress up in gear that would make Ray Charles flinch... I saw some kind of golfer mix punk metal look worn by this "mutt"... I call him that coz i can't find a better word to describe him. Complete with the ten inch spikes of hair on his head that make him look like a brown Statue of Liberty. I always need to either suppress a gag while trying not to snort the coffee i'm having out my freaking nose when these people walk past with the flair of runway models... Yea, you guys are so designer sia.... like fucking airplane crashes. I rather see a hairless Doberman's behind than you.

Work was horrible... my limds could not co-ordinate themselves with my brain for some reason. Felt bad in every physical way, had the feeling of drifting. And need i say that thats not a good sign. Fortuately i did not cause any fatal accidents and managed to get my arse home. For once i'll be able to sleep normally till the weekend... Which is prety important now that my exams are coming...

As a parting message to noone in particular, you don't need to thank me for what i do, and you will never need to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home