Monday, August 14, 2006

I am Ong Ah Bee living in Kampong Chai Chee
Life used to be simple and HAPPY
I worked hard in my STUDIES
I learned A-B-C and everything from 1, 2, and 3
Primary school was quite easy I passed PSLE

Then I went to SECONDARY
The subjects include HISTORY, GEOGRAPHY Physics, Biology and CHEMISTRY
After O levels I went to JC I was quite LUCKY

This is a small humid tropical COUNTRY
Surrounded by unknown potential ENEMIES
Boys turned 18 must go to ARMY
After that we must continue our Studies
The girls can just sit back, relax and watch TV
They come to this world only to "Chia Liao Bi"

No one lives on free meals or depends on CHARITY
I had no money to go to University or Poly
So I went to work at a FACTORY
Trying to earn a little lousy SALARY
After CPF and INCOME TAX, I have just enough money to buy ROTI and ride in MRT

Colleagues at work used
to be FRIENDLY
Always treat me to tea and COFFEE
Somehow they turned FISHY
Passing bad remarks about me
Telling everybody I am LAZY

My bosses show me no SYMPATHY
Mumbling over my shoulder daily
"HURRY, HURRY and HURRY !"
Accusing me of always trying to get MC
But my sickness was due to over-stretched OT

Going home after midnight by TAXI and They pay me only bus fee

I Park-Tor and became STEADY
Finally had to MARRY
I lost money holding Wedding Dinner PARTY
Cheeky friends donating only cheap PANTY
After marriage, nothing was EASY

In one year, I became DADDY
I can't support my family and our BABY
Being tied down for life to repay HDB and rising monthly utilities to PUB
My bank account has NO MONEY POSB balance is almost EMPTY
DBS wants to charge me EXTRA FEE Insisting that "Nothing is FREE!"
So I moonlight as KARANG GUNI

Many times I want to jump into the sea to MATI
But that is not EASY
My wife cries: "Who is going to support me and our BABY?"
So I can't MATI

I went to seek assistance from the MP
His reply was simple and easy:
"Vote for me, vote for me, vote for me"
He never tell me any convincing Policy
My dear friends, can you pls help Ong Ah Bee

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home