Sunday, December 04, 2005

Can't teach old dogs new tricks

Its been an eventful week...

Learnt that am goin to be working at Zouk Out so will be situated on some tiny platform dishing out vodka redbulls and what not for 12hrs straight. Oh goodie.

Had very little sleep as per usual. When not working am busy at the keyboard banging out reports and projects or hitting the books for my upcoming tests. I seriously havent had a life for so long... so it was natural for me to hyper-ize during my only two glimpses of outside life this week.

Met with Denise, the brat princess and ruler of "meh". Was supposed to be for dinner... however, she neglected to tell me it would be with her parents, brother, bishounen sluts and extended familia at LTN Siglap. At first I was some what... reluctant... as i'm always with around parents of any kind and new people. However, thanks to some egging from Denise I was a shadow of my former self. Ended up having two teas, a milo and several beers with her parents and the familia. And I gave Her Highness a nice handprint on her arm when I misjudged my own strength. Sorry about that.

Next came my "date" with an old friend. Can't say I've ever entertained someone like that before in Starbuck's. Undoubtably many customers thought we were somewhat insane... mistake on our part for choosing to sit inside instaed of out. The interior acoustics were obviously not meant for sustained loud guffaws. Like... note to myself... no more Walas stories in public... especially about the "Siao kia".

This unfortunately was to repeat itself at Thai Express during dinner too... I think I shouldn't converse during meal time. xp

Brief these times were... but it really gave me back a part of myself thats been missing all this while... the insanely happy one.

Then I guess the reason for the AWOL persona is that I will never change.

No matter what i say or how i say about how I really don't give a fuck anymore about people. I somehow still do.

Adeline, I don't know what has happened between us. But I made a promise that I won't break to you. I won't give up on you despite how far things are along now. As Alfred put it best: "Never". I will always be there rain or shine. You may have blocked me or deleted me from MSN and ignore my texts. But when you are in need I will still be there. This is an oath i make to myself for everyone that I've had the fate to find faith in. From Song to even Angel whom I know the shortest. Because I'm a tenacious bastard, and giving in isn't what i do easily.

Maybe its just the wrong place and the wrong time. Somehow we all meet someone we in the end wish we didnt meet, not to say coz we hate 'em, but that to lose what rapport you had with each other due to just plain circumstance.

As Angel said, i will always be a nice guy. And old dogs like me can never learn new tricks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home